Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Bella Moon rocks on

Well hello dear readers. It has been a while since allowing myself the time to sit and post to you. As you know, my shop, Bella Moon, opened at the beginning of October last year and there's been a huge learning curve - actually more like a straight line northward - to go through.

While it's not rocket science, it's certainly taken some time to get the hang of being responsible for just about absolutely everything - from books to admin to marketing to ... well you name it, it's there. Of course my darling husband has been a rock of support and love (not to mention handyman extraordinaire!), which has helped me go from whoa to wooo hooo!

Before Christmas I was busy making, making making ... I had some lovely blue Peruvian blue Amazonite; lovely new pearls; soothing smoky quartz; bright pink agate; and a few other bits and pieces.


Large round Amazonite collar-length necklace.

Colour was my focus, which was achieved beautifully by the Amazonite, contrasted with matt quartz crystal, as well as the agate.


Matt quartz crystal & Amazonite bracelet.

The jewellery sold amazingly well - some customers had trekked across town because they'd heard of this new jewellery shop in Brunswick and others wouldn't buy anything unless I'd made it. I was rather chuffed, I must admit. But the down side was that my creative drive took a dive post-Christmas. I was simply exhausted after keeping up with the whole shebang and just had to break from the making process. Temporarily of course.

That hasn't been too terrible, as in the interim, I sourced some bold Ottoman-style jewellery for a bit of variety on the shelves, alongside fabulous Mexican silver (especially rings) and hand made jewellery by Tony Willie, a local metalsmith. I've also started expanding the range - umbrellas and exquisite Italian kimono-style robes, belts and other bits and pieces.


I made this bracelet with toggle before Christmas

Just in the last few weeks I've started to get back into the groove and am designing and making more jewellery again.


Camilla's special custom made palm tree. I was rather pleased with this.
So was Camilla - she's requested that I never make another, so hers remains completely unique.


My most recent pieces are constructed from stunning matt black onyx and sterling silver - something I haven't photographed properly yet, but will definitely do so as soon as the entire range is done. These beads are amazing ... by far my favourite to work with to date. I also have some wonderful onyx drops, which are soon to be made into earrings. Sexy and sophisticated. That's what this stuff is.

Do pop by my shop to say hi sometime.

Until next time, take care and be wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment