Thursday, August 13, 2009

Things are coming along

Just a brief update ...

Work on the shop is progressing now, following a slight mishap by my chief tradie (aka my husband), who managed to fire a nail gun nail into his hand. This caused a massive infection (yuk) and daily visits from nursing staff and doctors from the Royal Melbourne Hospital to feed him heavy duty antibiotics through an IV feed in his arm. It also meant he couldn't do a thing for a week. It set us back a bit, but we're catching up on the work to be done.

I've been busy ordering stock, which is now starting to trickle in. I have some fabulous sterling silver jewellery from Melbourne-based design company Mohini Jewellery. The order, which I received yesterday, consists of a sensational range of rings, pendants, earrings and one cuff bracelet. Why only one, you ask? Well, I'm not sure actually - the order was placed at a trade show and I must have felt a bit conservative in the bracelet department. It's all going to be trial and error, so if it sells quickly, I'll order more.

I also have lovely greeting cards from New Zealand designer, Lisa Hamilton-Jones. Her company, iCandy, produces cards and gift tags with meaningful messages, simply illustrated and with a touch of whimsy. Once again, I discovered these at the Life in Style trade fair and placed an order for cards and gift tags straight away. Lisa has kindly said I can use a couple of her design images here, so here's a snippet of what's available in my shop.



Other great things my shop will stock are scarves (two ranges - more on those later) and a small range of completely natural skin products and lip balms made in Victoria. After all, beautiful jewellery should be worn on beautiful skin!

Oh, of course Bella Moon jewellery, made by moi, will be there too!

Y'all have a great day now.

No comments:

Post a Comment