Friday, July 31, 2009

New look

Today's wonderful new image is my new logo. This is it - professionally designed and approved and I love it.

When I contacted the designer for a new logo a few weeks ago I didn't really know what I was to expect. The brief was to keep it clean and clear and I gave him the red I was using on my website (http://www.bellamoon.com.au) and intended to stick with.

The first file I received contained four images. The first one was appealing, but wrong for my business.

The second one I liked, but it seemed too plain, the third was a lovely swirly image, but a bit busy - and the fourth one I loved, but it didn't seem to sit exactly quite right.

Each one had a different font.

To cut a long story short, I sent through some feedback and wanted the fourth one edited a bit. It's the one that introduced the font I've stuck with and also where he'd suggested the new brown/gold colour - well that's what it looks like on the Mac. When I received the edited file back it had lost something in the edit - flow, movement, that sort of thing. It was certainly edited to brief, just didn't work visually.

So I thought about it and decided that I did like the swirls in the third image and could I have a different version of that, but with font number four.

Fred the designer sent back an edited version, and once again it lost something in translation.

I sat on that over the weekend. On Monday night my sister, brother-in-law, nephew and niece came to stay, having just arrived back from overseas. I showed my sister and brother-in-law the files the next morning and Paccy, bless him, made some wonderful suggestions that allowed me to see the four original concepts as if viewing them for the first time.

I sent yet another email to dear Fred and said I wanted to go back to concept number two (yep, the plain one), but in gold and with the font from concept four and some of the pearly dots similar to those he used in concept three.

Whew, what a process! His response was perfect, and I now have a brand new logo that I can use horizontally like in my header, or like this:

I hope you like it as much as I do!

My business cards will be coming as soon as I get the phone organised in the shop.

That's about it for now. A busy day - visit to the bank and another trade show today. More on trade show weekend later. That's exciting too.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marti, Just dropping by to tell you that you've won the monthly draw over at Sophism Press. If you let me know your address I'll send a little parcel! Cheers, Chrisy
    hfmedia@bigpond.net.au
    ps the new logo is very smick!

    ReplyDelete