Monday, March 9, 2009

Bella Moon - fine, hand crafted jewelry

I'm excited about jewelry and all things beautiful.

I began making beaded jewelry over three years ago - it started when I walked into a bead shop and had images of things I could make just from looking at all those temporarily strung strands hung along the walls. I purchased some small pearls and coral beads, some tigertail and basic findings to put it together. Then I went home and made a couple of necklaces. They were quite good, actually. But I knew I had much learning to do - I wanted perfect finishes, great designs and jewelry I could be proud to say "I made that".

In early 2008 I undertook a short course on silver smithing and at that time I realised it was time for a career change. But that took a bit of a back seat for a while, because it's difficult to work with metal in the back yard. Soldering's quite difficult outside in the breeze, especially with the el-cheapo torch I was using. Hmmmm ... ok, time to head back into the office and put the career change on hold.

As of a few days ago, the studio/workshop my husband has been building has been put into action. It's fantastic, and I've churned out a few bits of (ok, unsellable) practice jewelry and can't wait to develop my skills. With so much costume jewelry on the market, I figured one needs to have a signature style to go along with the bead skills, which I'm working on.

Soon I'll have some wonderful silver and gold pieces to offer, but until then, my bead work, wire work and stringing designs have a place around the necks, on the ears and on the wrists of women of this world.


Girls need their pearls


This is a recent addition to my collection. It's made with 11 gorgeous black coin pearls (11-12mm), round and flat sided coin pearls, on sterling silver belcher chain, with a sexy 14mm bolt ring clasp that does up on the side.


I'll be selling this through my website: http://www.bellamoon.com.au - once it's up and running, which should be soon. It's priced at $325AUD. It's certainly for sale now - so feel free to email me at info@bellamoon.com.au if you're interested. It also has matching earrings (picture coming).



















And this little number is a simple, elegant mix of white freshwater pearls and faceted onyx rondels, all neatly hand looped together with sterling silver wire. It sits beautifully, feels great to wear and that's for sale at $180AUD. Once again, matching earrings are available.

No comments:

Post a Comment