Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My first success

It's taking a bit of time, but I am finally getting my flame right and managing to solder successfully. It's a huge step and is going to allow me to add a little more flair to my work.

It's my sister's birthday tomorrow and I really wanted to make her something, so having had a couple of hectic days where I didn't get near my studio, I went and set to work on a couple of things. This one was looking the best, so I kept at it and it turned out like this:


It's hand-sawed and hand hammered, but I cheated and bought a pre-made cabochon setting and soldered that on with medium sterling silver solder (bezel mandrels are also on the shopping list). The stone is blue lace agate. It's a simple piece, but I like it and I hope she does too.

Unfortunately I'm finding photography a little tricky, getting good light is a bit of an issue, but there's a Digital SLR on the horizon, so things should be a little easier to photograph soon.

I'll be back into my studio tomorrow, so will hopefully have something new to add after a day's work there! Digital SLR or not.

1 comment:

  1. It's lovely Marti, what a great birthday present!

    ReplyDelete