Thursday, March 26, 2009

Here comes the bride

You may have gathered I really like pearls. A lot. I have quite a few in supply and I've been wanting to make something bridal and gorgeous and girly.

I wanted to make this one special, so I've used Akoya pearls - cultured saltwater pearls - rather than freshwater.

One needs to add some sparkles to bridal jewellery, and given I have some Swarovski crystal to hand, I started on a necklace with an idea in my head. I worked on it for a day or two, then tweaked it and now I have a finished item that I'm very happy with.


The photo just doesn't show how gorgeous this is. I just hope it can adorn the neck of a beautiful bride one day soon.

Then I started on some earrings to match.

And a name.

Bella Rose.

There are red roses in a vase in the house my husband brought home to me the other day. I thought one rather appropriate for the photo.

1 comment:

  1. Just perfect for a bride...I share your passion for pearls...

    ReplyDelete