Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dap dap dap

Excitement arrived in the post today - my new dapping block and punch set from the USA. Why the USA? Don't we have jewellery supply stores here in Melbourne that sell these tools?

Well the answer is: yes we do, but the prices are out of this world for income-less startups like me, and having done some research, I found just what I was looking for from America at around 1/3 the price of what I'd pay here. And that's even with the shocking exchange rate and postal (for steel!). Sad but true.

I'd rather buy locally, however unfortunately, right now I just can't afford to - and these tools will add to my silversmithing capabilities.

Tomorrow is learning the dapping block and punch set day. All I need now is a disc cutter to save some time on sawing and filing all those circles. Hmmm ... time to start making sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment